GrADS to Ascii with header

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 19 19:40:18 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Ilukpitiya Mudi S P Jayawardena <
imspj at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> Dear,
>

> Last time, I asked how to convert GrADS to Ascii. So you have replied me.
> Thank you very much for replying.
>
> Your method is successfully working. Here ascii file is generating without
> a header.
>
> My ultimate purpose is utilizing this ascii file in ArcGIS. Therefore, I
> want the ascii file with a header.
>

> Pls tell me how to add a header to the ascii file in the process of
> converting GrADS to Ascii.
>
> Pls reply me.

If you are willing to use python, the method described in Recipe-003 is
quite flexible:

http://cookbooks.opengrads.org/index.php?title=Table_of_Contents#SEQUENTIAL_INDEX_OF_RECIPES

As illustrated in this recipe, you can even do this using data on an OPeNDAP
server without the need for downloading the data first.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu