Performance tuning

Stefan Gofferje gradsusers at GOFFERJE.HOMELINUX.ORG
Thu Aug 28 05:09:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

Ivan Toman schrieb:
> Hi Stefan, maybe little offtopic, but I think you will hardly survive on
> shared server - that's why I recommend going with VPS (you can go cheap
> as $20 for month), if you need advice contact me on mail. Other option
> (IMHO, the best one, if you have decent down/up link speed) to make your
> products at home and just upload images to the webserver.

At the moment, the charts are 135MB and I am planning for some expansion
in the future. This does not really make sense to transfer every 6
hours. The delay would be too big.
Hosting outside of Finland is not an option because the interconnections
seems to be very slow here. Websites from abroad, especially overseas,
are pretty slow here.
My best option would be to somehow throttle down GrADS a bit.

Terve,
Stefan

--
Last words of a stormchaser: