sum problem

Everson Dal Piva everson.bento at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 21 15:48:09 EDT 2008

Hi grads users,

I want average a field for several times. I don't use the intrinsic function
ave/aave, but use the command line like this:

while(tt<=ttf)

'define soma=soma+hgt(t='tt')

endwhile

In the 6th time, the sum (the soma variable) become undefined (see the
attached figure soma_after.png) in the point 52.5S,95W/265E; but the field
in this 6th time is not undefined (see the attached figure field_6.png). The
sum in the 5th time is right (see the attached figure soma_before.png). In
the point 52.5S,95W/265E, the the sum in the 5th time have the value
27068hPa, the variable in the 6th time is 5698hPa, and the sum with
the 6thvalue included is 32766hPa. Why this value is not shown in the
display
command? The data that I use is the NCEP/DOE reanalysis.

I use PC linux Ubuntu 2.6.20-17.37-generic.

The grads config is:

Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim

 Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4

Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES

Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)

This program is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY

See file COPYRIGHT for more information.

 Built Mon May 23 14:17:20 EDT 2005 for i686-pc-linux-gnu

 This version of GrADS has been configured with the following options:

 o This is a 32-bit LITTLE ENDIAN machine version.

o Command line editing (readline) ENABLED.

o CIRES/CDC (http://www.cdc.noaa.gov) SDF/XDF interface ENABLED.

Use sdfopen/xdfopen to read NetCDF files.

o DTYPE netcdf is ENABLED; DTYPE hdfsds is DISABLED.

o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) gridded data interface DISABLED.

o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) station data interface DISABLED.

o PCMDI (http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov) LATS interface ENABLED.

This version is configured to write GRIB and NetCDF files.

o DAO (http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov) Athena Widget GUI DISABLED.

o NRL/DAO/PCMDI XA or ImageMagick Image Output DISABLED.

o printim command for direct png/gif output ENABLED.

(via the GD Library -- http://www.boutell.com/gd)

 For additional information please consult http://grads.iges.org/grads/

 Thanks in advance.

Everson