templates and fixed forecast times for different runs

Austin Conaty Austin.L.Conaty at NASA.GOV
Tue Aug 19 11:23:14 EDT 2008

|Bill,
I almost understand what you're trying
to do.  Just a few more questions and
then hopefully I'll get the full picture.

In your original message, you indicate that you have a bunch of
files

pgbf06.%y4%m2%d2%h2 (for six-hour forecasts)
pgbf12.%y4%m2%d2%h2 (for 12-hour forecasts)
pgbf18.%y4%m2%d2%h2 (for 18-hour forecasts)
all the way up to
pgfb180.%y4%m2%d2%h2S

So it seems to me you must have a separate .ctl and .idx file
for each case (06 up to 180).  It seems also you would need to
run gribmap on each case and create a uniquely named .idx file
for each case.

Do you have separate .ctl files AND separate .idx files
for each case?  Have you run gribmap for each case?

Have you tried changing the %h2 to %f2 in the template string?