32 bit fortran library?

Joy Romanski jr988 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Aug 14 14:03:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

I can't seem to get any of the OpenGrADS extensions to run.  I have GrADS
1.9.0-rc1 installed on my MacBook Pro (OS X Tiger), and I also have the
extension files, and have added the appropriate lines to my .profile file.
When I run "hello" from the GrADS prompt, I get this:

ga->hello
dlopen(libhello.gex.dylib,1): Library not loaded:
/usr/local/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib
  Referenced from:  /usr/local/bin/gex/libhello.gex.dylib
  Reason:  no suitable image found. Did find:
      /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib:  mach-o, but wrong architecture
      /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib:  mach-o, but wrong architecture
Unknown command: hello
ga->

Further investigation suggests that the problem is that I have 32-bit GrADS,
but a 64-bit fortran library.  I tried downloading several different fortran
compilers (gcc, gfortran and g95), but haven't found one that works.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Joy Romanski
Columbia University, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences