Panel Plot Issue

Walsh, Brian J brian.walsh at AMEC.COM
Wed Aug 6 13:11:58 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have an issue with GrADS when I try to plot up a 4-panel chart using
four different models.

At the beginning of the script, I open each control file separately,
then I reference them by calling file.1, file.2, file.3, and file.4

But I run into problems if, for instance, file 2 isn't available, but
file 3 is.  Since GrADS can't open the second file, it will open the
third file, but think it is the second one since it was the second file
it was able to open.  This means that the incorrect data will be plotted
for a model.

Is there an easy way around this.  I have attached my gradscript for
reference.  My thought would be opening each file one at a time within
the called product, but would I have to close it out each time or how
would that work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete and destroy the message.