potential cause for "Low Level I/O Error"

James T. Potemra jimp at HAWAII.EDU
Wed Apr 23 13:57:11 EDT 2008

Arlindo:

Thanks for your reply.

A little more information for you.  First, the file size is correct,
10124352000 bytes.
Second, I can read the first six time steps of this file, and then more
than half-way
through the seventh before I get the seg fault.  What is curious to me
is that when I
read the data via a fortran program, it all looks okay.  If I then
simply write it to a
new file, grads can read it without problem.  Finally, I can
successfully read the data
using both grads-1.9b4 and grads-2.0.a1, but I get the seg fault only
when using
grads-1.9.0-rc1.

Jim