polygon area avg?

Sestak, Michael L CIV 63134 michael.l.sestak at NAVY.MIL
Wed Apr 23 13:33:42 EDT 2008

If you create a grads file with +1 within your area of interest and -1 outside it, you can use maskout to set everything outside your area to undefined and the usual area average commands will only use the data in your area.

From: Greg West
Sent: Wed 4/23/2008 10:20
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Subject: polygon area avg?

Grads users,

Has anyone come up with a way to take an area avg of the area within a
non-rectangle shape? The shape I'm looking for in this case resembles
the shape of Nevada. If not I can probably approximate the shape by
averaging a bunch of smaller rectangles.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Gregory West
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Utah - Dept of Meteorology
Office: INSCC 480-10
135 S 1460 E WBB Rm. 819
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0110
801-585-1410