Problem in Grads 1.9.0-rc1on Xeon machine

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 17 00:19:44 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Raj Kumar Sharma <rajkumar_62 at rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running Grads 1.9.0-rc1 on Windows Professional system. On some of
> machines like HP Workstation XW8400 (Intel Xeon machine), if I run my input
> file as "exec rk.inp" it stops at Display command and gives following error:
> System Error: Expected operator or '>'
> Error occurred at column 5
> Display error: Invalid ex-pression
> expression=h
> Exec error: error in rk.inp Exec stopped
>
> whereas if I give command "d h" it runs without any problem, it shows
> error only if I run it as exec rk.inp
> On some of the machines, even 'exec rk.inp' also runs without any problem.
> Can someone suggest the solution.
> I am attaching the relavant files also.

I am having a hard time reproducing your problem. Consider the files
attached. Assuming that you have installed grads under c:\grads19 (otherwise
edit the open statement in these files), could you please try

ga-> exec rk.unix
ga-> exec rk.dos

and report back what works and what doesn't? On my test machine (with no
cygwin installed), "exec rk.unix" works, while "exec rk.dos" doesn't.

  Thank you,

        Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva