g2gdf.pl part2

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Thu Apr 17 00:02:32 EDT 2008

Hi Arlindo,
I checked out the download site for Strawberry Perl, but it only has a full installation option.  I can't get to just a subset of the code. When you have a chance, can you send the perl510.dll?  I'll give it a try then.
--
Thanks,
Mark

From: Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU>
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Mark Sponsler <msponsler at comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Arlindo,
I installed the new perl and exe code in the win32 directory.  Also downloaded the gfs file you reccomended (saved as gfs.12z). Fired up the cmd prompt, set my path as usual and then tried to execute:
 g2gdf.exe -verf gfs.t12z.

Dialogue box pops up indicating the following Windows error:
G2gdf.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because perl510.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I don't have access to WIndows during the day; I can make this DLL available to you tonight, or else install Strawberry Perl from the link I sent before.

So then I tried running the perl version.  Here's the result:

>g2gdf.pl -verf gfs.12z
cannot find any GRIB-2 file at c:\Program Files\PCGrADS19\win32\g2gdf.pl line 124.

Strange. For a test, can you rename your file "gfs.12z.grib2" and try it again?

  Thanks,

            Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva