g2gdf.pl part2

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 16 11:22:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Mark Sponsler <msponsler at comcast.net>
wrote:

>  Hi Arlindo,
> I installed the new perl and exe code in the win32 directory.  Also
> downloaded the gfs file you reccomended (saved as gfs.12z). Fired up the cmd
> prompt, set my path as usual and then tried to execute:
>  g2gdf.exe -verf gfs.t12z.
>
> Dialogue box pops up indicating the following Windows error:
> G2gdf.exe - Unable to Locate Component
> This application has failed to start because perl510.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I don't have access to WIndows during the day; I can make this DLL available
to you tonight, or else install Strawberry Perl from the link I sent before.

> So then I tried running the perl version.  Here's the result:
>   >g2gdf.pl -verf gfs.12z
> cannot find any GRIB-2 file at c:\Program Files\PCGrADS19\win32\g2gdf.pl
> line 124.

Strange. For a test, can you rename your file "gfs.12z.grib2" and try it
again?

  Thanks,

            Arlindo

--