Plotting rain.ctl example

Marco Sartore sartore at ELBATECH.COM
Tue Apr 15 12:00:02 EDT 2008

Hello,
I am new to Grads so please excuse me in adavnce if my questions are too "naiv".
I have finally succeeded in creating a station .map file from the "famous" example available in the Grads literature rain.ctl.
When I load the file (which contains just a variable p for precipitation and 2 or 3 samples relative to 4 stations) in Grads and try to display something I get the world map with nothing else. Setting gxout to shaded (my final wish is to obtain a shaded plot interpolating rainfall data among several stations) nothing changes. Which are the correct commands to use ?
Second question: in case I will switch to real data, I will have my stations far away each other just a few chilometers. Will Grads display automatically the map relative (and zoomed to) my stations ?
Thanks a lot for your help and understanding,
regards,
Marco