g2gdf.pl in GrADS1.9

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Thu Apr 10 23:59:57 EDT 2008

Again - Many thanks Arlindo and Wes - you guys make an awesome product and the community is very appreciative!
--
Thanks,
Mark

From: Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU>

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Mark Sponsler <msponsler at comcast.net> wrote:

Bingo!
I renamed to old version of g2ctl.pl, then placed the new version in the win32 dir.  Set my path and then tried to invoke it with no options, and it started fine.  Then I added the grib file name and the perl script found it and displayed the descriptor file to the screen. Finally I tried to get it to write out a control file but I don't think I understand the command sytanx.  Either way, it looks like you found whatever was causing the problem.  Congratulations!.

Thank Wes, what you just tried is his latest! (I've been corresponding off line with Wes regarding some Win32 specific issues wth g2ctl, and what I sent you was a patched version he sent me for testing).

Wes: indeed, you were right, there are cases in which C:\ is write protected and using TEMP did the trick.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu