g2gdf.pl in GrADS1.9

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 10 21:21:52 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Mark Sponsler <msponsler at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Bingo!
> I renamed to old version of g2ctl.pl, then placed the new version in the
> win32 dir.  Set my path and then tried to invoke it with no options, and it
> started fine.  Then I added the grib file name and the perl script found it
> and displayed the descriptor file to the screen. Finally I tried to get it
> to write out a control file but I don't think I understand the command
> sytanx.  Either way, it looks like you found whatever was causing the
> problem.  Congratulations!.

Thank Wes, what you just tried is his latest! (I've been corresponding off
line with Wes regarding some Win32 specific issues wth g2ctl, and what I
sent you was a patched version he sent me for testing).

Wes: indeed, you were right, there are cases in which C:\ is write protected
and using TEMP did the trick.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva