OpenGrADS Extensions r2 uploaded

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 8 20:15:37 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Eric Altshuler <ela at cola.iges.org> wrote:

> Dear Arlindo,
>
> Thank you very much for your latest release. I'm glad the utilities grep,
> tar and gzip are now included in the win32 superpack. I have a couple of
> notes/questions:
>
> 1. sed is still not working because the DLL 'cygintl-3.dll' is missing.

Oops, I forgot this one. I'll make it available on the side until the next
release.

> Other than that, I haven't had any problems.
> 2. What are the new programs 'g2ctl.exe' and 'g2gdf.exe' used for? (I am
> familiar with Wesley's perl script g2ctl; does your g2ctl.exe have the same
> functionality without requiring perl to be on the system?)

Exactly, g2ctl.exe is Wesley's latest with a small patch to work under
cygwin. I used the Perl's PAR::Packer module for creating the .exe; I
believe I included the g2ctl.pl as well. Now, g2gdf.exe/.pl are part of the
Grib-2 extension for v1.9:

http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/grib2/g2gdf.html

http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/grib2/

It relies on g2ctl and wgrib2 to create .gdf/.inv files which are particular
of this Grib-2 implementation (.gdf is similar to a .ctl, while .inv takes
the place of .idx; this extension does not use gribmap.)

> Thanks again for providing such a useful product!

I am glad it can be of some use. Let me know of any further issue.

  Cheers!

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva