New Win32 Release of GrADS v1.9.0-rc1

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Mon Apr 7 16:24:48 EDT 2008

Hi Arlindo,
Thanks so much for providing these new capabilities.  This is wonderful stuff!

I've been playing with shapefiles from gshhs and ersi using Win32 superpack non-self installing version.  Can get the outline of the coast to display fine from both sources but not the polygons from gshhs. Polygons from ersi works fine though. Also cannot seem to get the coast outline to draw 'thicker'.  Not sure if that is an available option, but here's the code I'm using.

'set line 33 1 6'
'shp_lines gshhs_land'
'shp_polyf gshhs_land'

Am I dong something wrong?
--
Thanks,
Mark

From: Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU>

All,

  I just uploaded to sf.net a new Win32 GrADS release:

     http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773&package_id=270750

Notice that Win32 GrADS now has its own packaged called "grads-windows". See the ChangeLog for additional info.

   This version fixes some bugs with DOS-style text files, and includes Release 2 of the OpenGrADS extensions, with Grib-2 and Shapefile support (as well as an improved "fish"). To quickly checkout the new features:

Grib-2:

   ga-> g2_open ../data/model_25.gdf
   ga-> d g2(tmpprs)

or with the % shorthand