skew-T from ECMWF grid data

Daniel Fritz prodicalboxer at YAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 29 18:49:13 EDT 2007

Can someone help me,
        I wrote a script shell and I am trying to get it to call up the file number so that it can display the variables and track the Hurricane.....i typed in the file name...when I opened up grads window.....I can I tell what the file number is in my data????   I have converted my grib to ctl file.....what would be my file number...how can I obtain that info???   I am trying to run Hurricane dean....I have the data for the whole time......
                                       DANNY

Daniele Gandini <Daniele.Gandini at ARPA.PIEMONTE.IT> wrote:
          Hello Mario,

  it is very simple.

  First you set on a lat-lon point and on all vertical levels:

  'set lon 'lonp
'set lat 'latp
'set z 1 '_NLEV

  then you run skew script written by Bob Hart that you can download from

  http://moe.met.fsu.edu/~rhart/skew.html

   dummy=plotskew(tc,dewp,wspd,wdir,flagclr)

  function plotskew(sndtemp,snddewp,sndspd,snddir)
*
* GrADS Script to Plot a SkewT/LogP Diagram
*
* Bob Hart

  * Function Arguments:
*    sndtemp - temperature data (Celsius) as a function of pressure
*    snddewp - dewpoint data (Celsius) as a function of pressure
*    sndspd  - wind speed data (knots) as a function of pressure
*    snddir  - wind direction data as a function of pressure

  Bye

  Daniele