Problems with gribmap.exe when installing GRADS on Windows

John Filipkowski john.filipkowski at AMEC.COM
Fri Sep 21 15:38:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm new to GRADS on Windows, but I've used GRADS on Linux for a few years.
We're being told to do our GRADS processing on Windows platforms, so I'm
testing GRADS 1.8SL11 on Windows XP and Windows 2003.

I installed GRADS 1.8SL11 (win32e) on a Windows XP platform without a
problem.  Perl 5.6.1 is already installed on the system.

I copied a GRIB file (GFS, GRIB1) to the win32e folder and ran

perl grib2ctl.pl -verf (grib file) > XGFS.ctl

The .ctl file was created properly, and I edited it to remove the "^"
characters which appeared.

Entering

gribmap.exe -e -i XGFS.ctl

Produced nothing.

Simlarly, entering

gribmap.exe

gives me back the command prompt, but nothing happened.  The %path%
variable is correct.   Should I install cygwin?

Any advice would be much appreciated...
Cheers,