Dumping a GRIB file using lats4d

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 18 12:36:57 EDT 2007

On 9/18/07, Ernani de Lima Nascimento <elnascimento at ufpr.br> wrote:
> Hello Arlindo,
> I downloaded the newest version of lats4d, but the problem persists. I
> also tried it by specifying the -freq option. Then I tried the example
> with model.ctl. This last one works fine for both stream and grads_grib
> options, but the same error message appears for grib.

Yep, I found a silly bug that has been there for ages. My only
explanation is that noone writes grib only, or writing grads_grid was
a simple enough work around. In any event, Can you try the attached
script and let me know if it works? I'll then update the one on the
website.

> Thus, a more **basic** question is: do I need to build the LATS library in
> my machine, or is everything self-contained in the GRADS distribution for
> running lats4d? The URLs that I've found for downloading the LATS library
> are outdated.

No need for you to rebuild LATS on your machine. LATS is statically
linked into the GrADS binaries to avoid this sort of incompatibility
problem. The bug was actually on my script.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu