Lats4d.gs

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 10 02:13:17 EDT 2007

On 8/28/07, David.Ramsaur <David.Ramsaur at noaa.gov> wrote:
> Grads Users,
>
> To explain my current situation I have a global grib file and I want to
> pull an area bounded by lat/lon points out of the grib file.  I also
> want this area to be in grib format.  I thought that lats4d.gs could do
> this, but after trying numerous cmd line arguments I still haven't had
> any luck with it.  Below is the cmd line argument I'm using to try and
> pull the grib formatted data out.  Do you have any suggestions to what I
> may be doing wrong or if this is even possible?
>
> gradsnc -blc 'run /home/dramsaur/work/scripts/lats4D.gs -v -q -i
> /raid2/fnmoc_models/fnmoc_model_058058056/g2007/g2007082212_058058056.000.ctl
> -o /home/dramsaur/work/grib -format grib -ftype ctl -lat -10 45 -lon 95
> 150'

You never reported what the problem was, and not having your data it
is hard for me to  guess what is going on. However, I'd like to point
out that LATS is broken in several of the v1.9b4 builds due to a
subtle header file problem. I'd recommend using a 1.7b9 build for LATS
related work, if you can.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu