rebuild GrADS

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Thu Oct 4 09:19:07 EDT 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Darya Yarovaya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to rebuild GrADS for linux?
> I tried the command
> cc -o grads grads.c –lm
Ah, if only it were that simple....
If you run the 'configure' script, then 'make', you'll see that there
is a long series of steps in the compilation and linking process.

> (I need it to add 360-calendar option to the original GrADS).
This will not be easy -- it involves tweaking all the date-handling
routines, the conversions of grid<---->world coordinates, and there
are plenty of other places in the code that the subtleties of these
changes would have to be assessed to make sure you're doing the I/O
properly.

I can think of two other options:
1. Use GrADS as it is, but stick to use of grid indices for time axis
management (a kludge).
2. Try to convert your data to 365-day calendar by padding it with
missing data.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams