template option

Donata Giglio donylilium22 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 6 10:53:52 EST 2007

Hi!

I would like to use template option to aggregate
multiple data files (48 files) named like this:

20060131_simu_231fw.nc
20060207_simu_231fw.nc
20060214_simu_231fw.nc
and so on. In each file there are 7 time steps (24hr
each step) and these are the descriptor files I tryed
to use:

1)
DSET
/user/home/guarnier/AREG_DIAGN/smolar/2006%im2%id1_simu_231fw.nc
DTYPE netcdf
UNDEF 1.e+20
OPTIONS template
XDEF 287 LINEAR 12.2 0.03
YDEF 311 LINEAR 39 0.022
ZDEF 1 LINEAR 1 1
TDEF 336 LINEAR 0Z31jan2006 24hr
VARS 4
S=>s 0 t,x,y salinity
T=>temp 0 t,x,y temperature
EL=>el 0 t,x,y surface elevation
QELAT=>qel 0 t,x,y latent heat of evaporation
ENDVARS

if I open this descriptor file I can plot only the
first 7 time steps (the first 7 time steps from the
first file).

2)
DSET
/user/home/guarnier/AREG_DIAGN/smolar/2006%m2%d2_simu_231fw.nc
DTYPE netcdf
UNDEF 1.e+20
OPTIONS template
XDEF 287 LINEAR 12.2 0.03
YDEF 311 LINEAR 39 0.022
ZDEF 1 LINEAR 1 1
TDEF 336 LINEAR 0Z31jan2006 24hr
VARS 4
S=>s 0 t,x,y salinity
T=>temp 0 t,x,y temperature
EL=>el 0 t,x,y surface elevation
QELAT=>qel 0 t,x,y latent heat of evaporation
ENDVARS

if I open this one (wildcards' change), I can plot
only the first time step for each file...

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Bye,
donata