Regrid2 for GRADS

Luis Aimola luis.aimola at WEIZMANN.AC.IL
Mon Nov 5 09:26:58 EST 2007

Dears clleagues:

I'm a beginner in GRADS and need to tranform a grid data in resolution 1o degree x 1o degree (360 long x 180 lat cells) to a coarsen resoluton (e.g.: 64 x 48 cells).
I downloaded and installed the regrid2 function but I don't got make it to work. I followed the GRADS User Guide about UDF and the regrid2 manual, but something continues wrong. Someone could, please, indicate to me, step by step, how to get make regrid2 works well?
I did 'setenv GAUDFT /usr/local/grads/udft' before all.

Look please in the messages that come:
For the regid2 function:

udf/regrid2> regrid2
forrtl: severe (98): cannot allocate memory for the file buffer - out of memory, unit 8, file /home/aimola/grads/udf/regrid2/udf.regrid.gfi
Image              PC        Routine            Line        Source
regrid2            0809FED4  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
regrid2            0809EDA1  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
regrid2            080760FB  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
regrid2            08053B9E  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
regrid2            08062040  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
regrid2            08049800  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
regrid2            080495CE  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libc.so.6          40075E80  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
regrid2            080494F1  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
udf/regrid2>

and for the GRADS *.gs script the call regrid2 come:

ga> run test.gs
No hardcopy metafile open
All files closed; all defined objects released
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
  'regrid2' not a variable or function name
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = regrid2(sst,-5.625,-3.750,ba_p1,0.00,-90)
ga>

I will very gratefull by the help.
All the best.

Luis