Installation of regrid2

Cut Erna Dewi cuternadewi at YAHOO.COM
Sat May 19 07:28:11 EDT 2007

Dear All;

I have been trying to install regrid, but it was not success. I use compat-g77 fortran compiler.
I installed grads by using PIRUT of Fedora Core 6 with x86_64 platform (file grads-1.9b4-19.fc6.x86_64). It was successful.

As has been suggested by readme.regrid2 written by Mike, I did the following:

1. Installation steps:

1)    Decide where to install regrid.

I installed in /home/rizal/grads
The makefile and these instruction will assume you have installed
GrADS in a directory call /home/myhome/grads

(my question: Must I install Grads manually?, Because I installed grads via PIRUT, it has benn installed automatically)

2)    Copy regrid2beta.tar to /home/myhome/grads

3)    tar -xvf regrid2.tar

(my question: we put regrid2beta.tar
but we tar -xvf regrid2.tar ; Is it possible?)

When I tar -xvf regrid2beta.tar, the Makefile can not be formed. Only makefile (with small "m") has been formed.

[rizal at localhost regrid2]$ make -f makefile
f77 -c -O        regrid2beta.f
regrid2beta.f: In subroutine `gauaw':
regrid2beta.f:2504: warning:
         call gauaw(pa,pw,k,nmax)
              1
regrid2beta.f:2545: (continued):
         subroutine gauaw(pa,pw,k)
                    2
Too few arguments for `gauaw' at (1) versus invocation at (2) [info -f g77 M GLO
BALS]
f77 -o  /home/rizal/grads   /regrid2.exe regrid2beta.o
f77: /regrid2.exe: No such file or directory
make: *** [/home/rizal/grads] Error 1

Thank you very much for your helping.

Best regards, Syamsul Rizal
Dept. of Marine Science, Syiah Kuala University
Banda Aceh 23111, Indonesia

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.