cross hatching

Frank Aebly faebly1 at BIGRED.UNL.EDU
Fri May 4 12:46:15 EDT 2007

Rob,

I would recommend GMT as another option.  Using GrADS to compute EOFs
and then writing these out to a text file I was able to create some
very nice maps and plots.  GMT also has extensive documentation and a
very helpful listserv that is also searchable.  It is available for
Linux, OS X, and Windows platforms at: http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/

Frank