LATS/HDF output not enabled in gradshdf

Zhong Liu zliu at POP600.GSFC.NASA.GOV
Thu Mar 22 17:02:45 EDT 2007

Thanks, Arlindo.

I also tried -nc, but got the similar result (see below).
I can get other format outputs, e.g., stream and grads_grib.
I don't need to read hdf files, but wanted to write hdf files.

-Zhong

$ lats4d_u -nc -q -i model -o ex1a
gradsnc -blc 'run lats4d.gs -q -q -i model -o ex1a '

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b3
Copyright (c) 1988-2003 by Brian Doty
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
Institute for Global Environment and Society
All Rights Reserved

Config: v1.9b3 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
Running in Batch mode
No hardcopy metafile open
All files closed; all defined objects released
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
LATS error (lats_create): netCDF (latsnc.c) --> netCDF output not
supported by this version of LATS
lats4d: error creating coards file ex1a.nc
lats4d: exiting from GrADS...
No hardcopy metafile open
GX package terminated