problem with station data

Arlindo Meque mequitomz at YAHOO.COM.BR
Tue Mar 20 12:47:42 EDT 2007

Dear all,

 I am trying to read station data:

1. I used a FORTRAN program to write a binary file
containing the data.

2. After creating a binary file containing my station
data, i  wrote a station
data descriptor file .

3. Once the station data set has been created and the
descriptor file has been written,
as  final step i tryed to create the station map file
by running the stnmap utility.

4. When i run the stnmap utility i get the following
error message:

[meque at climat saws1]$ stnmap -i rain_19602004.ctl
  Name of binary data set: rain_19602004.dat
  Number of times in the data set: 540
  Number of surface variables: 1
  Number of level dependent variables: 0

Starting scan of station data binary file.
Binary data file open: rain_19602004.dat
Processing time = 1
  Invalid station hdr found in station binary file
  Possible causes:  Invalid level count in hdr
                    Descriptor file mismatch
                    File not station data
                    Invalid relative time
    levs = 0  flag = 1  time = -34.75
[meque at climat saws1]$

5. I attached the descriptor file.

6. How can i solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Arlindo

Arlindo Oliva Meque
National Institute of Meteorology
Environmental Research and Modeling Center (CPMA)
Rua de Mukumbura, 164, Po.Box 256,
Maputo-Mozambique
Tel. 258 21 491150, Fax. 258 21 491150
Mobile: +258 824726300

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/