reduced gaussian plea

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at NOAA.GOV
Mon Mar 5 10:58:53 EST 2007

Bernd,

     I plotted your file on a linux and AIX machine.

Note: the pdef is big-endian on the AIX and little-endian on the linux box.
Consequently you can't interchange .pdef files produced with the current
version
of grib2ctl.pl.

All programs must be very current.  This is what I used

GrADS v1.9b4
gribmap (same as GrADS)
wgrib 1.8.0.12k (2-07)
grib2ctl.pl 0.9.12.5p39a