GDS-enabled GrADS won't open URLs, browser has trouble too

Sarah Suda srsuda at NCSU.EDU
Wed Jun 27 08:51:09 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I found the message "GDS from GrADS troubleshooting help request" in the
archives, and I am having a similar problem.  There were a few responses
to the original thread, but they don't work for me.

My browser won't open any URL with a port name in it, i.e.
http://dataportal.ucar.edu:9191/dods
http://cola8.iges.org:9090/dods
http://sgi62.wwb.noaa.gov:8080/cgi-bin/ftp2u_avn.sh
and etc.  I think that this is unusual, but I have no point of reference.

GrADS will not open things remotely either.  I have tried combinations of
'sdfopen ...' and 'open ...'
and addresses such as
http://usgodae2.fnmoc.navy.mil:80/godae/home/ftp/pub/outgoing/fnmoc/models/glb_ocn/docs/FNMOC_GLB_OCN_uucurr.ctl'
http://usgodae2.fnmoc.navy.mil:80/dods/GDS/fnmoc_glb_ocn/FNMOC_GLB_OCN_seatmp
http://cola8.iges.org:9090/dods/mrf0930
etc.

I also tried changing the port number to 2102, the port I am using to run
GDS (9090 was taken on this computer).  I do not have a file named
~/.dods_cache, but I do
have one called ~/.dodsrc.

Can anyone tell me how to do it the right way?  I think I may be following
the instructions wrong.

Thanks for any help,
Sarah

_______________reply to original message_______________