How Compile bufrscan sourse code in GrADS 1.9b4

Jean Pierre Arabonis arabonis at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Tue Jul 24 15:05:06 EDT 2007

Hi
    As Jennifer says the compilation of "standard" grads excluding the
dods is possible on slack 10 through to 11 with no problems, if you have
problems I am sure I have compiled versions of grads for slackware which
I can send you.
     If however you want dods to work go back to slackware 10 and use
the fedora 1.8 version on the cola ftp site, if you have lots of time,
energy and dedication you may get dods to compile on later versions of
slackware but so far I have been unsuccessful, my workaround is to use
vmware to create a virtual machine and use fwrite to save the dods data
locally then process using grads - not elegant but works.
    Cheers
       Jean Pierre

--
Jean Pierre Arabonis