Plotting point data

Matt Alonso matt.alonso at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 12 10:47:15 EDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I have a question about plotting irregular point data in GrADS.  I  know
this is a pretty basic question but I seem to have forgotten how to do it
since I have not used the program in a while.

My data contains several variables for several hundred cities across the
US.  The end result I am looking for is a contoured map of the variables.
Once I get GrADS to treat the data as gridded data I can take it from there
but I am just not sure how to get to that point.  Do I need to specify the
lat/lon of each point explicitly in the CTL file or what?

Thanks so much for your help and patience.

Cheers,
Matt