Help with PRECIS model output

Siraj Ul Islam sirajkhan78 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 20 06:58:46 EST 2007

*Hi Erick,*
**
The script "grads_map.gs" will not correct the rotation as it is only used
for the the display. To solve this problem you may first run
"ppregrid". This script will be installed automatically in the system where
you have installed PRECIS.

run it like

ppregrid -d 0.5,0.5 filename.pp

where 0.5 (in degrees) is the resolution (dx=50km, dy=50km).
After doing this your new file will be on regular grids and you do not need
to run these grads scripts.
If you need to change pp format of that new file to display it in to Grads,
do it in "xconv ".
Hope this will solve your problem.

cheers

siraj