Converting HiRes to LowRes

M.Mahakur mmahakur at TROPMET.RES.IN
Wed Jan 17 00:18:28 EST 2007

Arindam Jee,

Thanking you so much. I had a wrong impression before, that regrid2 does
not do averaging. I will try as per your suggestions.

Thanks again.

With Regards,

M. Mahakur

Arindam Chakraborty wrote:

>hi Mahakur,
>        regrid2() can do regriding from high to low resolution with
>averaging centered around the new grid (in fact, this is the default
>if interpolation is not requested). In your case, to convert to
>0.5x0.5 degree, the command will simply by
>'d regrid2(your_variable,0.5,0.5,ba)'
>
>Note that, the 'ba' refers to 'Box Averaging' (please see the
>documentation of regrid2 function). 'ba' is default and can be
>omitted:
>'d regrid2(your_variable,0.5,0.5)'
>
>And for the other grid:
>'d regrid2(your_variable,0.5,0.3)'
>
>        I hope this is what you wanted to do, and it helps.
>

>regards,
>
>arindam
>----------------------------
> ARINDAM CHAKRABORTY
> Department of Meteorology
> Florida State University
> Tallahassee, FL-32306, USA
> Tel: +001-850-6443524 (Off)
>      +001-850-5758550 (Res)
> Fax: +001-850-6449642
>____________________________
>
>On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, M.Mahakur wrote:
>

>>Respected GrADS Users:
>>
>>How can I convert a high resolution variable to coarser resolution (e.g.
>>from 0.1x0.1 to 0.5x0.5 or 0.5x0.3 degree) using the 'aave'. Any script?
>>to loop aave centered on the new grid. I need to do simple averaging and
>>not any kind of interpolation (like regrid2 does).
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>With Regards,
>>
>>M. Mahakur
>>
>>P.S. Sending agaian as I did not get any response.

M. Mahakur
FORECASTING RESEARCH DIVISION
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TROPICAL METEOROLOGY
(Min. of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India)
DR. HOMI BHABHA ROAD
NCL POST, PASHAN
PUNE - 411 008
INDIA.