Converting HiRes to LowRes

Arindam Chakraborty arch at IO.MET.FSU.EDU
Tue Jan 16 22:05:16 EST 2007

hi Mahakur,
        regrid2() can do regriding from high to low resolution with
averaging centered around the new grid (in fact, this is the default
if interpolation is not requested). In your case, to convert to
0.5x0.5 degree, the command will simply by
'd regrid2(your_variable,0.5,0.5,ba)'

Note that, the 'ba' refers to 'Box Averaging' (please see the
documentation of regrid2 function). 'ba' is default and can be
omitted:
'd regrid2(your_variable,0.5,0.5)'

And for the other grid:
'd regrid2(your_variable,0.5,0.3)'

        I hope this is what you wanted to do, and it helps.

regards,

arindam
 ARINDAM CHAKRABORTY
 Department of Meteorology