Declaration of Variable

Cindy Bruyere bruyerec at UCAR.EDU
Wed Feb 28 11:14:36 EST 2007

For WRF model output you may want to read this:
        http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/graphics/ARWpost/ARWpost.htm

The WRF model has a staggered grid, so in general you way want to use
the above converter to convert the data to unstaggered grids, which
are easier to deal with.

GrADS 1.9 has a "gradsnc" script that can display the staggered grid
of WRF ARW. But you need 4 .ctl files to display the data correctly.
Inside the ARWpost code there is a utility (under the directory
util/) that you can use to generate the 4 .ctl files.

Cindy