Source for GENS datasets

Massimo Aceti massimo.aceti at METEOGIORNALE.IT
Tue Feb 13 04:53:43 EST 2007

Wesley Ebisuzaki wrote:

>    NCO has http access to their FTP server.  You can find the GENS data at
>
>                  http://www.ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/gens/prod/
>

> (( For those who aren't familiar with .inv files, they are wgrib
> inventories of grib files.  With the proper
> software, one can randomly download selected records from a http
> server.  That can save huge amounts
> of download time.  See
> http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/wesley/fast_downloading_grib.html))
>
>          Wesley

fast downloading grib is an excellent way to download grib files from
ncep server in a few time, but, there aren't inv (or idx) files in the
gens grib2 directories
(http://www.ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/gens/prod/gefs.20070213/00/pgrb2a/)
and in the grib1 directory there are only 10 ens perturbations

How can I download selected records with get_inv.pl and get_grib.pl from
gens grib2 dataset?

Thanks

Max