Regrid2 error on XP - array bounds exceeded

Herb Philbrick herb.philbrick at MITTALSTEEL.COM
Fri Feb 2 20:23:14 EST 2007

Hello all,

I'm trying to use Regrid2 on a Windows XP machine (with SP2).

Grads writes the input file to the udf and my compiled Regrid2.exe reads the
contents fine.

Regrid2 encounters an "array bounds exceeded" error while in the "BOX_AVE"
subroutine.  The exact line is

            area_box(icnt)=dx*dy*area_in(ii0,jj).

The problem is that ii0 exceeds the dimension of the area_in array by 1,
i.e. ii0=46 (1st subscript) and dim area_in(45,47).

It seems like the condition is invited when a related upper limit (niip1) is
set to 1 + array size earlier in the program.

The source code of Regrid2 is dated 11/30/2001.

My compiler is Digital Fortran Version 6.0a

I sure would appreciate the some guidance or tips.

I'd be much obliged

Thank you,

Herb Philbrick

     herb.philbrick at mittalsteel.com