How to map 16bit data ?

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 17 07:33:25 EST 2007

Dear Zhang,

As far as I know real data must be 4 bytes long, i.e., 32bits
for grads being able to use it. However, grads can
handle integer data with difference length/precision.
Look at the page below:

http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#VARS

Roll down 'til the units/non-standard binary section.
You will see that grads can open 1-byte (8bits), 2-bytes(16bits)
and 4-bytes (32bits) integer. Maybe you can try these
with your data.

[]'s,
Henrique