compiling grads

Matthias Münnich munnich at ATMOS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Dec 11 05:53:03 EST 2007

Hi Claudio Cortes!

Actually, chances are, you do not need this kind of GUI support.  The
naming "GUI support" in this context is slightly misleading.  A better
name would be "Athena widget support".  Unless you need support for a
custom GUI based on  Athena widgets for GrADS, you do not need GUI
support.  If you really do,  try installing the Athena widget library
for your system.

I hope this helps.

... Matt

On 10.12.2007, at 17:25, claudio cortes wrote:

> Hi
> I'm compiling grads in a UltraSparc with Debian Etch, but I have a
> little question, that's is an extract of my "./configure
> --enable-dyn-supplibs"
>

> Check GrADS GUI support...
> checking freq.h usability... no
> checking freq.h presence... no
> checking for freq.h... no
> - GUI disabled
>
> ...And I need to have GUI, What package I need to have GUI...?
> Thanks!
> --
> Claudio Cortes
> www.claudiomet.cl.nu
>
> Meteorologo
> Laboratorio de Meteorologia y Calidad de Aire
> Centro Nacional del Medio Ambiente (CENMA)
>
> Claudio Cortes
> www.claudiomet.cl.nu
>
> Meteorologist
> Meteorology and Air Quality Labs
> National Enviroment Center, Chile (CENMA)

Matthias Munnich
munnich at atmos.ucla.edu