wind profile in skew-T plot

Daniele Gandini Daniele.Gandini at ARPA.PIEMONTE.IT
Tue Dec 11 05:34:41 EST 2007

Hi Antonino

These are arguments of plotskew.gs:

* Function Arguments:
*    sndtemp - temperature data (Celsius) as a function of pressure
*    snddewp - dewpoint data (Celsius) as a function of pressure
*    sndspd  - wind speed data (knots) as a function of pressure
*    snddir  - wind direction data as a function of pressure

These are variables in your ctl file
hgp 41 0 h geo

p 41 0 press

t 41 0 temp

rh 41 0 rhum

td 41 0 tdp

wa 41 0 w add

wm 41 0 w mag

What does wa stand for? Wind direction from north?

Is wm in knots?

Variables hgp, p and rh aren't necessary.

Bye

Dan