traj.gs

Ted Pollock edwardp at UALBERTA.CA
Wed Aug 8 17:36:33 EDT 2007

Hello All;

I am running the script traj.gs on some high temporal resolution MM5 data.
The script has to be run 49 times per output image file. The trouble is that
after around 5 to 6 trajectory calculations grads crashes with the following
error: Segmentation fault (core dumped). Each trajectory calculation runs
slower then the last so it is some kind of memory problem but the coredump
file size is only 5.2 Mb.

I have tried setting the memory limits and core dump size very high with
little success.

I am running Version 1.8SL9 on an SGI IRIX64.

Here is the script I'm using to run traj.gs.

*----------------------------------------------
*y=0
'open him.traj.ctl'
'set grads off'
*'run topog.gs'
*'run cbarn.gs'
'd any_variable'

i=1
j=1
LONa=76.52
LATa=35.88
dlon=0.05
dlat=0.05

LONb=LONa-(3*dlon)
LATb=LATa-(3*dlat)

while (i<8)

  while (j<8)

    'run traj.gs 'LONb' 'LATb

    j=j+1
    LATb=LATb+dlat

  endwhile

  i=i+1
  LONb=LONb+dlon

endwhile

'printim traj'tt'.gif white x1600 y 1200'