simple problem, but can't figure out, please help

Sestak, Michael L CIV 63134 michael.l.sestak at NAVY.MIL
Wed Aug 1 18:45:20 EDT 2007

d anyvariable
clear
draw map

You need the 'd anyvariable' to set what grads calls the geographic environment before 'draw map' will work

From: JEFFREY S GALL
Sent: Wed 8/1/2007 12:20
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Subject: simple problem, but can't figure out, please help

Grads users,

Im trying to create a plot of just my background map in order to show the areal extent of
my domain.  The only time I know how to draw a map, however, is when I do a "d variable".
 Im sure it is just a one line command that I need to use, but I am not sure how to do
this.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance,

Jeff