cross section topography color

Mary Jo Nath Mary-Jo.Nath at NOAA.GOV
Tue Apr 24 14:32:42 EDT 2007

Morgan,

How is your topography defined? Is it a separate variable? Or is it
indicated by the grid points with missing values in the field you are
plotting? If it's the missing values, then you can use "const" to
redefine the missing values, then use grfill to color them. I don't know
of a way to just outline them. Hope the example below helps. - MJ

Ex:

* missing value grid points now = 1.; all non-missing values = -var/var = -1
define tmp=const(-var/var,1,-u)
* mask out the non-topography grid points
define topo=maskout(tmp,tmp)
* color the non-missing grid points in "topo" (the topography)
set gxout grfill
set ccolor 2
d topo