NETCDF with GRADS

Shailendra Rai r_shail77 at REDIFFMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 22 07:35:31 EDT 2007

Dear Leila,
First os all open gradsnc then u can directly open the NetCDF file by sdfopen file.nc.

You can also try by writing byteswapped in the top line of .ctl file. This may also work.
bye
Shailendra.
==========

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 Leila Maria Merce de Albuquerque wrote :
>Dear All,
>I need read a NECTDF file with GRADS. But it doen´t find the datas.Please find the
>clm3run.ctl attached.
>Thank you for all.
>Best
>Leila
>
>Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
>Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES
>Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA)
>Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
>GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
>See file COPYRIGHT for more information
>
>Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim
>
>Issue 'q config' command for more information.
>
>Landscape mode? (no for portrait):  no
>GX Package Initialization: Size = 8.5 11
>ga-> open clm3run.ctl
>Scanning description file:  clm3run.ctl
>Data file clm3run.clm2.h0.2004-01.nc is open as file 1
>LON set to 0 360
>LAT set to -88.9277 88.9277
>LEV set to 0.00710064 0.00710064
>Time values set: 2004:2:1:0 2004:2:1:0
>ga-> d tsa
>Contouring: 1e+35 to 1e+36 interval 1e+35
>ga-> d zbot
>Contouring: 1e+35 to 1e+36 interval 1e+35
>ga-> d TSA
>Contouring: 1e+35 to 1e+36 interval 1e+35
>ga-> d ZBOT
>Contouring: 1e+35 to 1e+36 interval 1e+35
>ga->
>
>--
>Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
>  acredita-se estar livre de perigo.
>------- End of Forwarded Message -------
>

>--
>Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul - UFMS
>

>--
>Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
>  acredita-se estar livre de perigo.

Shailendra Rai
Scientist 'B'
K. Banerjee Centre of Atmospheric and Ocean Studies
University of Allahabad
INDIA
Phone 09415649617
Telefax +915322460974