OPeNDAP time value in GrADS

Sergey Varlamov vsm at RIAM.KYUSHU-U.AC.JP
Mon Apr 16 04:12:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Does anybody knows a simple solution for the problem with the timing
of OPeNDAP data sets in case of non-continuous data?
If there are gaps in data, like this with the HYCOM ocean model
'best estimate' time series, it seems that GrADS:

sends request using the time step number and do not analyse the
absolute time value corresponding to the received data.

So the 'get dims' expression return an 'assumed' timing for the
used data, not the time attribute value for these data in the remote data
set. It results in wrong time reported by GrADS...

I would highly appreciate any suggestions.
At the moment I have to parse and analyse an html responce of OPeNDAP
outside of GrADS to 'catch' data gaps in remote data sets and escape to use
such OPeNDAP data in GrADS-based data analysis applications.

Sergey Varlamov,
RIAM, Kyushu University
Japan