Daily Average temperature from multiple files

Meredith Croke mcroke at AIRDAT.COM
Wed Apr 11 14:31:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this, I have model output at 3 hour
intervals, forecasted for 180 hours.  What I want to do is calculate the
daily average temperature for each day of the forecast period at a
specific latitude/longitude.  I saw on the archive page that I should be
able to just open each ctl file, but the thing is I have one standard
ctl file named gfs.ctl, however the actual data is in separate files (ie
gfs.2006100212f00, 2006100212f03, etc)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Meredith