new user question

Jean Pierre Arabonis arabonis at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Mon Sep 18 03:07:21 EDT 2006

Hi Bob
    We use slackware Linux boxes (AMD 64 bit 3200MHz) but thats overkill
for creating met charts, years ago I had grads on a 486 66MHz doing the
job perfectly well.
    Grads can get nasty to use if you do complex operations, but the
basic usage of displaying variables and such like is on par with any
other similar package, I would recommend that you install grads then run
through the tutorial, once you've done that you'll be well on your feet
for what you want to do.
    You will also find the grads user list a very helpful community.

    JP

--
Jean Pierre Arabonis
arabonis at egs.uct.ac.za