Any limit to the number of files opened ?

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 12 07:17:44 EDT 2006

Dear Davide Sotil Bertanzetti,

     Thank you.

     As you are aware, 2004, for example, is a leap
year but 2001 is not.  If I need to open files from
year 2001(1460 time-steps) to 2004(1464 time-steps),
the few pertinent lines of the modified single data
descriptor file have to be written as

     DSET uwnd.%y4.nc
     OPTIONS template
     TDEF 5844 linear 00z1jan2001 6hr

     In other words, I need to know the number of leap
years within the required period, say, from 1986 to
2005 in order to have the right TDEF.  Also, I need to
have another single data descriptor file for
v-component wind.  Can I avoid doing all these by just
using the script that I had written in order to attain
my objective ?  If yes, how should I overcome the
error encountered ?  Hope to hear from you soon.

     Best regards.

OOI See-hai