Any limit to the number of files opened ?

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 12 04:14:16 EDT 2006

Dear all,

     My intention is to open a total of 40 files
consisting of u- and v- component winds at 850 hPa
level from 1986 to 2005 in order to obtain 20-year
climatological pentad mean wind as shown in my script
attached.  However, on reaching file number 33, the
following error messages appeared :-

   add_connect: too many connects, cannot add another
   g:\cdc\uvw\uwnd.2002.nc does not exist or is not a
netCDF file.
   Couldn't ingest SDF metadata
   .
   .
   .
   SET DFILE error: file 33 not open
   Data Request Error: File number out of range
       Variable = uwnd.33
   .
   .
   .
  For your information, I use window version of GrADS
V1.8SL9.  I have no problem in obtaining 10-year data
(1996-2005).

   Can someone show me how to overcome the error ?

   Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ooi See Hai