ZDEF

Jennifer M. Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Tue Oct 31 13:51:47 EST 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 12:29 PM, Mateus da Silva Teixeira wrote:

> Dear Jennifer,
>
> Please, think about a situation in which you have 1,000 vertical
> levels.
> Should I write all these 1,000 levels explicitly? Why should I made
> this
> if there is a easier way to do the same thing?
I agree that descriptor files can get lengthy when using the "LEVELS"
option with high-res data, but sometimes it is unavoidable. It would
take about 4-5 lines of code in a GrADS script to write 1000 level
values in a text file.
Did the 'OPTIONS zrev' trick work?

> By the way, if it should not be used, why it continues into the on-
> line
> GrADS documentation? Remember that GrADS have a lot of new users that
> use intensively that documentation and the experienced users use
> that as
> reference.
Ah, that is an oversight. I have just fixed it.

Jennifer

jma at cola.iges.org